The Emergency Management of Severe Burns course teaches how to recognise, assess, stabilise and transfer the severely burnt patient.
Relevant clinical skills are demonstrated and important topics are explained in more detail in group discussions. Life-like case simulations are then used to consolidate and integrate the course material.
The course is aimed at health professionals who may find themselves caring for person with an acute severe burn injury. It supplements existing clinical knowledge in trauma management with the specific aspects and challenges associated with a burn injury.
The course concludes with a written examination (MCQ) and a short simulated patient clinical scenario. A certificate of completion is provided on successful completion of both parts. The course runs over one day, with registration at 7.30am, and concluding at 5.45pm. Numbers are limited to a maximum of 24 participants for each course.
A course manual will be distributed approximately three weeks before the course. The course manual is essential pre-course reading, if you have not received the manual by this time, please contact the Secretariat Office. It is important that the manual be studied prior to undertaking the course.
A passport size photo is required and can be sent to the Secretariat office via email or hard copy
Course dates for 2018 are listed below. As at 18th April there are less than 70 places remaining for this year.
- February 17th – Sydney (CHW) – Course completed
- March 17th – Adelaide – Course completed
- March 17th – Auckland- Course completed
- March 24th – Melbourne (Alfred) – Course completed
- March 24th – Darwin – Course completed
- March 24th – Brisbane – Course completed
- May 5th – Perth – 4 places left / registrations closing on 23rd Apr
- May 5th – Sunshine Coast Qld – COURSE FULL
- May 12th – Sydney (RNSH)- COURSE FULL
- (ANZBA Nursing Seminar – 1st & 2nd June – Sydney)
- June 9th – Wollongong – note date change to 9th – 18 places left
- June 23rd – Hobart – 1 place left
- August 11th – Townsville – note date change to 11th – 22 places left
- August 18th – Christchurch – COURSE FULL
- September 29th – Sydney (Concord) – 10 places left
- (ANZBA Conference – Tue 16– Fri 19 Oct – Brisbane)
- November 17th – Melbourne – 11 places left
- November 24th – Wellington – 3 places left
Please complete the registration form (Registration form_generic 2018) and either fax or email to the Secretariat office.
View Course & Events for details of upcoming EMSB courses and on-line registration using PayPal.