The Emergency Management of Severe Burns course teaches how to recognise, assess, stabilise and transfer the severely burnt patient.
Relevant clinical skills are demonstrated and important topics are explained in more detail in group discussions. Life-like case simulations are then used to consolidate and integrate the course material.
The course is aimed at health professionals who may find themselves caring for person with an acute severe burn injury. It supplements existing clinical knowledge in trauma management with the specific aspects and challenges associated with a burn injury.
The course concludes with a written examination (MCQ) and a short simulated patient clinical scenario. A certificate of completion is provided on successful completion of both parts. The course runs over one day, with registration at 7.30am, and concluding at 5.45pm. Numbers are limited to a maximum of 24 participants for each course.
A course manual will be distributed approximately three weeks before the course. The course manual is essential pre-course reading, if you have not received the manual by this time, please contact the Secretariat Office. It is important that the manual be studied prior to undertaking the course.
A passport size photo is required and can be sent to the Secretariat office via email or hard copy
Course dates for 2018 are listed below.
- February 17th – Sydney (CHW) – Course completed
- March 17th – Adelaide – Course completed
- March 17th – Auckland- Course completed
- March 24th – Melbourne (Alfred) – Course completed
- March 24th – Darwin – Course completed
- March 24th – Brisbane – Course completed
- May 5th – Perth – Course completed
- May 5th – Sunshine Coast Qld – Course Completed
- May 12th – Sydney (RNSH)- Course Completed
- (ANZBA Nursing Seminar – 1st & 2nd June – Sydney – Completed)
- June 9th – Wollongong – Course cancelled due to insufficient registrations
- June 23rd – Hobart – Course Completed
- August 11th – Townsville – COURSE FULL
- August 18th – Christchurch – COURSE FULL
- September 29th – Sydney (Concord) -COURSE FULL
- October 13th – Brisbane – COURSE FULL
- (ANZBA Conference – Tue 16– Fri 19 Oct – Brisbane)
- November 17th – Melbourne – COURSE FULL
- November 24th – Wellington – COURSE FULL
Note, as at 20th July there are only no places remaining on EMSB courses for this year. If you would like to be added to waiting lists for any of the other courses, please contact the ANZBA Secretariat (email@example.com)
Please complete the registration form (Registration form_generic 2018) and either fax or email to the Secretariat office.
View Course & Events for details of upcoming EMSB courses and on-line registration using PayPal.