The Emergency Management of Severe Burns course teaches how to recognise, assess, stabilise and transfer the severely burnt patient.
Relevant clinical skills are demonstrated and important topics are explained in more detail in group discussions. Life-like case simulations are then used to consolidate and integrate the course material.
The course is aimed at health professionals who may find themselves caring for person with an acute severe burn injury. It supplements existing clinical knowledge in trauma management with the specific aspects and challenges associated with a burn injury.
The course concludes with a written examination (MCQ) and a short simulated patient clinical scenario. A certificate of completion is provided on successful completion of both parts. The course runs over one day, with registration at 7.30am, and concluding at 5.45pm. Numbers are limited to a maximum of 24 participants for each course.
A course manual will be distributed approximately three weeks before the course. The course manual is essential pre-course reading, if you have not received the manual by this time, please contact the Secretariat Office. It is important that the manual be studied prior to undertaking the course.
A passport size photo is required and can be sent to the Secretariat office via email or hard copy *******************************************************************
ANZBA has been monitoring the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) and will be complying with advice and instruction from our governments and local hospital protocols restricting flights and meetings. Our priority is the health and safety of our Burns staff. All proposed courses may be cancelled or rescheduled in accordance with local COVID restrictions as required.
ANZBA President, ANZBA Education Chair, & EMSB Chair
The 2020 programme has been finalised:
- February 29th – CHW Sydney – Completed
- March 21st– Darwin – Cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- March 28th – Adelaide – Cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- April 4th – Auckland – Cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- April 4th – Melbourne – Cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- June 6th – Perth – Cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- June 20th – RNSH Sydney – Cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- June 20th – Brisbane – Cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- July 25th– Hobart – Cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- August 8th – Townsville – Cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- August 15th –Christchurch, NZ – Cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- September 19th – Sydney (now at RNSH) – Course full
- October 17th – Auckland – Course full
- October 24th – Adelaide – Course full
- October 31st Perth – accepting registrations
- November 7th – Brisbane – Course full
- November 7th – Hobart (for Tasmanian residents only)
- November 21st – Melbourne – (currently COVID restricted)
- November 21st– Wellington – Course full
- November 28th– Sydney (RNSH)
Please complete the EMSB registration form Registration form_2020_generic and email (or post) to the Secretariat office.
ANZBA Burns Rehabilitation Course (BRC):
- February 29th – Sydney – Completed
(On-line registration via PayPal will be available shortly.)