The Emergency Management of Severe Burns course teaches how to recognise, assess, stabilise and transfer the severely burnt patient.
Relevant clinical skills are demonstrated and important topics are explained in more detail in group discussions. Life-like case simulations are then used to consolidate and integrate the course material.
The course is aimed at health professionals who may find themselves caring for person with an acute severe burn injury. It supplements existing clinical knowledge in trauma management with the specific aspects and challenges associated with a burn injury.
The course concludes with a written examination (MCQ) and a short simulated patient clinical scenario. A certificate of completion is provided on successful completion of both parts. The course runs over one day, with registration at 7.30am, and concluding at 5.45pm. Numbers are limited to a maximum of 24 participants for each course.
A course manual will be distributed approximately three weeks before the course. The course manual is essential pre-course reading, if you have not received the manual by this time, please contact the Secretariat Office. It is important that the manual be studied prior to undertaking the course.
A passport size photo is required and can be sent to the Secretariat office via email or hard copy *******************************************************************
ANZBA has been monitoring the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19).
We have decided to cancel all Australian & New Zealand EMSB courses, events and face-to-face meetings from March to mid-August.
We felt it necessary to take this step given the unfolding situation in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our priority is the health and safety of our Burns staff.
We are complying with advice and instruction from our governments and local hospital protocols restricting flights and meetings.
We face challenging times ahead, but we are doing everything we can to ensure that we keep the welfare of our many stakeholders at the forefront of what we do. We will keep you updated as we find out more.
Keep safe and thank you for your patience and understanding.
For more information:
If you are travelling please check your insurance cover carefully. Many insurers have exemptions for infectious diseases and pandemics, but the policies are different for each insurer.
We are hoping to reschedule courses later in the year and can offer a free transfer to another course to replace those being cancelled. If you would like a refund, please let us know.
ANZBA President, ANZBA Education Chair, & EMSB Chair
The 2020 programme has been finalised:
- February 29th – CHW Sydney – Completed
- March 21st– Darwin – Cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- March 28th – Adelaide – Cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- April 4th – Auckland – Cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- April 4th – Melbourne – Cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- June 6th – Perth – Cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- June 20th – RNSH Sydney – Cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- June 20th – Brisbane – Cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- July 25th– Hobart – Cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- August 8th – Townsville – Cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- August 15th –Christchurch, NZ – Course full
- September 19th – Sydney (now at RNSH) – Course full
- October 17th – Auckland – Course full
- October 24th – Adelaide*
- October 31st Perth*
- November 7th – Brisbane – Course full
- November 21st – Melbourne
- November 21st– Wellington – Course full
- November 28th– Sydney (RNSH)
(*awaiting confirmation of venue & faculty availability)
Please complete the EMSB registration form Registration form_2020_generic and email (or post) to the Secretariat office.
ANZBA Burns Rehabilitation Course (BRC):
- February 29th – Sydney – Completed
(On-line registration via PayPal will be available shortly.)