The Emergency Management of Severe Burns course teaches how to recognise, assess, stabilise and transfer the severely burnt patient.
Relevant clinical skills are demonstrated and important topics are explained in more detail in group discussions. Life-like case simulations are then used to consolidate and integrate the course material.
The course is aimed at health professionals who may find themselves caring for person with an acute severe burn injury. It supplements existing clinical knowledge in trauma management with the specific aspects and challenges associated with a burn injury.
The course concludes with a written examination (MCQ) and a short simulated patient clinical scenario. A certificate of completion is provided on successful completion of both parts. The course runs over one day, with registration at 7.30am, and concluding at 5.45pm. Numbers are limited to a maximum of 24 participants for each course.
A course manual will be distributed approximately three weeks before the course. The course manual is essential pre-course reading, if you have not received the manual by this time, please contact the Secretariat Office. It is important that the manual be studied prior to undertaking the course.
A passport size photo is required and can be sent to the Secretariat office via email or hard copy
Course dates for 2019 are listed below. (as at 5th April ’19)
- February 16th – Sydney (CHW) – Course completed
- March 16th – Adelaide (WCH) – Course completed
- March 23rd – Darwin – CANCELLED due to insufficient registrations
- March 30th – Melbourne – Course completed
- April 6th – Hamilton NZ – Registrations closed
- May 11th – Perth – 5 places left
- May 4th – Brisbane – Course full
- May 18th – Sydney (RNSH) – Course full
- June 1st – Hobart – 12 places left
- August 10th – Townsville
- August 17th – Auckland – 1 place left
- September 28th – Sydney (Concord) – 15 places left
- October 12th – EMSB Instructors’ Course in Hobart (Sat) (invitation only)
- November 16th – Melbourne – 20 places left
- November 23rd – Wellington – 1 place left
- November 23rd – Brisbane – 16 places left
- November 30th – Sydney (RNSH)
Note, courses fill quickly and by the end of July 2018 there were no places remaining on 2018 courses. I would encourage you to register early.
The Committee have agreed to keep registrations the same with no increase for 2019 courses.
Please complete the registration form Registration form_generic 2019 and either fax or email to the Secretariat office.
View Course & Events for details of upcoming EMSB courses and on-line registration using PayPal.