The Australian & New Zealand Burn Association is the peak body for health professionals responsible for the care of the burn injured in Australia and New Zealand. ANZBA is dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by burn injury by encouraging higher standards of patient care through education, performance monitoring, research and promoting community awareness of burn injury prevention.
ANZBA’s vision is a clinical workforce that is:
- continuously enhanced by excellent education
- has timely access to contemporary evidence supporting best practice in care delivery and
- actively builds knowledge that assist other agencies and organisations in prevention activities.
ANZBA’s mission is to support burn care clinicians in:
- care delivery – best practice treatments in appropriately resourced systems;
- advocacy – for burn injured patients, their families and the broader community;
- knowledge creation and dissemination.
- Collegiality – we are committed to building strong, supportive, multidisciplinary, bi-national networks amongst burns clinicians so that the benefits of professional knowledge exchange can be realized in our continual striving to improve standards of care for burns patients.
- Partnerships – we believe that prevention work is best undertaken in partnership with other organisations and agencies that can draw upon on our clinical expertise in the care of burn injured patients. We also rely on government, corporate and philanthropic support to undertake many of our projects.
- Research – we are committed to continually strengthening the bi-national burns registry so that a robust evidence base can be built for understanding the epidemiology of burns injuries, improving burns care and informing prevention activities, raising standards of clinical governance and facilitating benchmarking activities across jurisdictions. We also strive to improve the quality of scientific work in burns care by providing an Annual Scientific Meeting so that research findings are shared and disseminated throughout the sector.