2017 NURSING SEMINAR – FREMANTLE
This clinically focused two day seminar is designed to provide Burn Nurses with an opportunity to expand individual knowledge, professional development and ability to provide the best possible care to those affected by burn injury. Those who attend will be able to more critically reflect on current clinical practices.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This two day seminar will be of value to nurses working on a regular basis with those who are affected by a burn injury.
PROGRAM TOPICS INCLUDE:
A range of topics will be presented at the 2 day seminar including panel discussions, rotating discussion groups and case study presentations. We will also be providing the opportunity for participants to present a topic in the Free Paper session- please see below information on submission of abstracts. Topics will encompass paediatric and adult burn injuries and include:
- Smartphone applications for burn care
- Major burn trauma
- Burn wound assessment and debridement
- Dressing fixation, splinting and positioning of minor and major burns
- Procedural warming for burn patients
- Biodegradable Temporising Matrix for burn patients
- Donor site management
- Challenges in the management of penile burns
- Staphylococcal Scalded Skin Syndrome, Steven-Johnson Syndrome, Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis, Meningococcal septicaemia, Necrotising Fasciitis patients and the burn team
- Burn patients and infections
- Burn care clinical pathways
- Burn itch management across Australia and New Zealand
- Resistance training in acute burn care
- Unsurvivable burn injuries
- New burn units and hospitals in Australia
- E-sim and burns disaster education
- State-wide burn education programs
- Lasers in the treatment of burn scars
- Facial burn scarring: collaboration between nursing and allied health
- An innovative new burn gel
- BQUIP to improve quality in burn care
- Human error in burn care
- Return to school post burn injury
- Psychological aspects of burn care and staff well-being
- Post-traumatic growth after burn injury
Drinks and canapes on Friday from 5pm will be a great opportunity to catch up with local and interstate colleagues, meet new delegates, develop new networks and make new friends.
WHERE: The Esplanade Hotel, Fremantle
ACCOMMODATION: Whilst there is varied accommodation around Fremantle, we have secured a discounted rate at the conference venue, the Esplanade Hotel Fremantle of $190 per room per night. A full buffet breakfast is available from $20 per person. This is within easy walking distance of many restaurants, cafes and markets. Please contact them direct, and advise you are attending the Burns Nursing Seminar to secure these rates. Ph (08) 94324000.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
For Cheques, please print and complete this form and send to ANZBA: 2017 Nursing Reg form_
For Credit card payment, please complete the form below.
Abstract submissions now open: 2017 Burn Nursing Seminar call for abstracts