The Emergency Management of Severe Burns course teaches how to recognise, assess, stabilise and transfer the severely burnt patient.
Relevant clinical skills are demonstrated and important topics are explained in more detail in group discussions. Life-like case simulations are then used to consolidate and integrate the course material.
The course is aimed at health professionals who may find themselves caring for person with an acute severe burn injury. It supplements existing clinical knowledge in trauma management with the specific aspects and challenges associated with a burn injury.
The course concludes with a written examination (MCQ) and a short simulated patient clinical scenario. A certificate of completion is provided on successful completion of both parts. The course runs over one day, with registration at 7.30am, and concluding at 5.45pm. Numbers are limited to a maximum of 24 participants for each course.
A course manual will be distributed approximately three weeks before the course. The course manual is essential pre-course reading, if you have not received the manual by this time, please contact the Secretariat Office. It is important that the manual be studied prior to undertaking the course.
A passport size photo is required and can be sent to the Secretariat office via email or hard copy
Remaining dates for 2019 are listed below. (as at 10th May)
- May 18th – Sydney (RNSH) – Course full
- June 1st – Hobart – Hurry as registrations close on Fri 17th May!!!
- August 10th – Townsville – 18 places left
- August 17th – Auckland – Course full / taking Waiting list
- September 28th – Sydney (Concord) – 4 places left
- October 12th – EMSB Instructors’ Course in Hobart (Sat) (invitation only)
- November 16th – Melbourne – 17 places left
- November 23rd – Wellington – Course full / taking Waiting list
- November 23rd – Brisbane – 14 places left
- November 30th – Sydney (RNSH) – 21 places
- ANZBA Burns Rehabilitation Course (BRC):
- February 23rd – Melbourne – Course completed.
- July 27th – Auckland – 4 places left
- November 16th – Brisbane
Note, places fill quickly – I encourage you to register early. As at 10th May there are only 74 places remaining for EMSB for this year.
Please complete the registration form Registration form_generic 2019 and either fax or email to the Secretariat office.
View Course & Events for details of upcoming EMSB courses and on-line registration using PayPal.