The Emergency Management of Severe Burns course teaches how to recognise, assess, stabilise and transfer the severely burnt patient.
Relevant clinical skills are demonstrated and important topics are explained in more detail in group discussions. Life-like case simulations are then used to consolidate and integrate the course material.
The course is aimed at health professionals who may find themselves caring for person with an acute severe burn injury. It supplements existing clinical knowledge in trauma management with the specific aspects and challenges associated with a burn injury.
The course concludes with a written examination (MCQ) and a short simulated patient clinical scenario. A certificate of completion is provided on successful completion of both parts. The course runs over one day, with registration at 7.30am, and concluding at 5.45pm. Numbers are limited to a maximum of 24 participants for each course.
A course manual will be distributed approximately three weeks before the course. The course manual is essential pre-course reading, if you have not received the manual by this time, please contact the Secretariat Office. It is important that the manual be studied prior to undertaking the course.
A passport size photo is required and can be sent to the Secretariat office via email or hard copy
Course dates for 2017 are:
- February 11th – Melbourne (Alfred) – Completed
- February 25th – CHW (Sydney) – Completed
- March 4th – Darwin – Completed
- (March 10-11 – ANZBA Nursing Seminar – Fremantle) – Completed
- March 18 – Auckland – Completed
- March 25th – Adelaide (WCH) – Course completed
- May 6th – Perth – Course completed
- June 24th – RNSH (Sydney) – Course completed
- June 24th – Hobart – Course completed
- June 24th – Hamilton – Course completed
- August 5th – Townsville – Course completed
- September 9th – Darwin – Course completed
- September 23rd – Wollongong – Registrations closed*
- (ANZBA Conference – Tue 24– Fri 27 Oct – Adelaide)
- November 11th – Concord (Sydney) – COURSE FULL*
- November 18th – Melbourne – COURSE FULL*
- November 25th – Brisbane – COURSE FULL*
- November 25th – Wellington – COURSE FULL*
Updated: 12th September. There are now no places remaining on EMSB courses within Australian or New Zealand for the rest of the year.
* Contact the ANZBA Secretariat if you would like to be placed on a waiting list for these courses.
Please complete the registration form ( registration-form_generic-2017 ) and either fax or email to the Secretariat office.
View Course & Events for details of upcoming EMSB courses and on-line registration using PayPal.