The Emergency Management of Severe Burns course teaches how to recognise, assess, stabilise and transfer the severely burnt patient.
Relevant clinical skills are demonstrated and important topics are explained in more detail in group discussions. Life-like case simulations are then used to consolidate and integrate the course material.
The course is aimed at health professionals who may find themselves caring for person with an acute severe burn injury. It supplements existing clinical knowledge in trauma management with the specific aspects and challenges associated with a burn injury.
The course concludes with a written examination (MCQ) and a short simulated patient clinical scenario. A certificate of completion is provided on successful completion of both parts. The course runs over one day, with registration at 7.30am, and concluding at 5.45pm. Numbers are limited to a maximum of 24 participants for each course.
A course manual will be distributed approximately three weeks before the course. The course manual is essential pre-course reading, if you have not received the manual by this time, please contact the Secretariat Office. It is important that the manual be studied prior to undertaking the course.
A passport size photo is required and can be sent to the Secretariat office via email or hard copy
Course dates for 2019 are listed below. (Note we are still waiting for confirmation of some venues so there is a remote possibility of some changes.)
- February 16th – Sydney (CHW) – Registrations closed
- March 16th – Adelaide (WCH)
- March 23rd – Darwin
- March 30th – Melbourne – Course full / Contact Secretariat to be placed on a waiting list.
- April 6th – Hamilton NZ – 4 places left
- May 11th – Perth
- May 4th – Brisbane – 10 places left
- May 18th – Sydney (RNSH) – 10 places left
- June 1st – Hobart
- August 10th / 17th? – Townsville (tbc)
- August 17th – Auckland
- September 28th – Sydney (Concord)
- October 12th – EMSB Instructors’ Course in Hobart (Sat) (invitation only)
- November 16th – Melbourne
- November 23rd – Wellington
- November 23rd – Brisbane
- November 30th – Sydney (RNSH)
Note, courses fill quickly and by the end of July this year (2018) there were no places remaining on 2018 courses. I would encourage you to register early.
The Committee have agreed to keep registrations the same with no increase for 2019 courses.
Please complete the registration form Registration form_generic 2019 and either fax or email to the Secretariat office.
View Course & Events for details of upcoming EMSB courses and on-line registration using PayPal.